Thursday, October 21, 2010

Talking with answers

I talk to myself.

And, I also answer.

I'd never realized how much I actually did talk to myself until someone else brought it to my attention. I'm constantly chatting with no one in particular, and then answering when no one else does.

I can have some of the best conversations with myself about life, what I've done in a day, what I've forgotten to do and what still needs to be done. I can talk about my siblings: Drew, Ellie and Lane, about my parents, my friends, my co-workers and even people I've only met once.

While trying to "exterminate" the thousands of flies in my house today, I even found myself talking about my Grandma June, who never would have tolerated the swatting and "smack talk" the poor flies in my house were having to endure. She would have never killed them. She would have kindly opened the door or window and guided them outside safely. But then again, I doubt she would have talked to them either, as I did, telling them to tell their friends not to come inside. They would be killed if they did.

As you can see, I not only talk to myself. I also talk to flies, horses, cows, computers, TVs, movies, chairs, tables and even casserole dishes. I won't discriminate - nothing is off limits.

I don't know why I talk to myself or to animals and inanimate objects. But I do.

I think it's perfectly healthy. Isn't it?

It must be.

At least, the part of me who answers myself thinks it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment