Friday, May 7, 2010

Proverbs 9:6

"Leave your simple ways and live. Walk in the way of understanding."

Proverbs 9:6.

It's one of my favorite verses. It's one of those that can mean anything to anybody. But to me, it means everything.

For having the verse tattooed on my foot, I can't say I knew much about it. I'd never sat down and figured out just how it related to my life. I'd never read "between the lines" in the Bible, to find out just how important this phrase was. I'd never realized how important it could be.

"Leave your simple ways and live."

It's amazing how we can get caught up in our day-to-day lives. Work, kids, family, friends, clothes, houses, apartments, bills, traveling. It's overwhelming just typing it all. And, it's hard NOT to get caught up in it. There's so much going on in our lives that we forget to stop and separate what's important from what doesn't matter. It's time to leave our simple ways. Stop worrying about work and bills and the things that you can't change, the things that don't matter.

"Walk in the way of understanding."

Too many times, we stumble our way through life. It's difficult to find our path, and even when we think we have, it's often rocky and uneven. Too many times I've wanted to turn back and stumble my way back to familiar ground. But that's not living. That's not understanding. And that's definitely not faith.

It's time to live by the words tattooed on my foot, to recognize what they mean to me and to realize their importance in my life.

Proverbs 9:6.

"Leave your simple ways and live. Walk in the way of understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment